Saturday 14 April 2007

birthday celebrations take two

Well, this being 40 lark is quite good - I've had another night of celebrating this week, with thanks to the 'girls'!
We took to an eating place in Haywards Heath and they took to suitably embarrassing me in public by singing happy birthday twice in the packed restaurant, once as a large cake bearing sparklers in the shape of '40' was produced, and once for no reason whatsoever! They adorned me with some sort of garland to wear around my neck which was so itchy it nearly caused a rash, and sat me under a 'Birthday Girl' helium balloon. As they said, though, this was mild embarrassment, and I tend to agree - they were kind.
A great night, and one I shall remember for a long time - to go with the 'other' night on my actual birthday which will also be remembered for a long time.
Surely this marks the end of celebrations...and the beginning of writing all those thank you notes.

No comments: